A Quick Prayer to the Saint of the Day
In these our modern times as the Church, the Mystical Body of Christ, endures Her Passion and Western Civilisation rolls in its death agony, today, right now, is the perfect time to offer this quick prayer to the Saint of the Day. Check the (traditional) calendar below and if you’re unfamiliar with the saint or feast, click the provided link to ACatholicLifeBlogspot.com for the saint’s biography. Also included is a prayer to one’s Patron.
Prayer on a Saint’s Day
GRANT, we beseech Thee, almighty God, that the example of Saint _______ may effectually move us to reform our lives; that while we celebrate his festival, we may also imitate his actions. Through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
LOOK upon our weakness, almighty God, and since the burden of our own deeds weighs heavily upon us, may the glorious intercession of Saint _______ protect us. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer in Honour of One’s Patron Saint
O HEAVENLY one, whose name I am privileged to bear, ever intercede for me before the throne of God that He fortify me in faith, strengthen me in virtue, and protect me in conflict, so that, victorious over the wicked enemy, I may attain to everlasting glory. Amen.
2. St. Bibiana
3. St. Francis Xavier
4. St. Peter Chrysologus; Com of St. Barbara
5. Com. of St. Sabbas
6. St. Nicholas of Myra
7. St. Ambrose; Com. of the Vigil of the Immaculate Conception
8. Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
9. Within the Octave of the Immaculate Conception
10. Within the Octave of the Immaculate Conception; St. Melchiades; Holy House of Loreta (Mass in Some Places)
11. St. Damasus I; Com. of the Octave of the Immaculate Conception
12. Within the Octave of the Immaculate Conception; Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mass in Some Places)
13. St. Lucy; Com of the Octave of the Immaculate Conception
14. Within the Octave of the Immaculate Conception
15. Octave Day of the Immaculate Conception
16. St. Eusebius
18. Feria; Expectation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Mass in Some Places)
20. Vigil of St. Thomas the Apostle
21. St. Thomas the Apostle
24. Vigil of the Nativity of Our Lord (Christmas Eve)
25. Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ (Christmas Day; i.e. ‘Christ’s Mass’)
26. St. Stephen the First Martyr; Com. of the Octave of the Nativity
27. St. John the Apostle; Com. of the Octave of the Nativity
28. Holy Innocents; Com. of the Octave of the Nativity
29. St. Thomas Becket
30. Within the Octave of the Nativity
31. St. Sylvester I; Com. of the Octave of the Nativity